- 2 cups uncooked whole wheat bow tie pasta
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute onion and red pepper in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the chicken, sour cream, milk and seasonings; heat through. Drain pasta; stir into skillet. Sprinkle with cheese and chives. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Weeknight Chicken and Pasta
Sort By :
This is a "go to" recipe for a tasty, quick meal.
This was ok. It was missing something and there wasn't much sauce to it.
I think doubling the sauce and perhaps adding mushrooms would make it better.
It has potential... I agree with Carol 39110 -- the thyme/tarragon flavor is VERY strong and there isn't much of a sauce. But it was good enough to warrant a second try.
We did not care for the thyme/tarragon flavor. It needs more of a sauce.
Wonderful and quick! Could eat it all myself.