- 2 cups uncooked whole wheat bow tie pasta
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute onion and red pepper in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the chicken, sour cream, milk and seasonings; heat through. Drain pasta; stir into skillet. Sprinkle with cheese and chives. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Weeknight Chicken and Pasta
"This is a "go to" recipe for a tasty, quick meal."
"This was ok. It was missing something and there wasn't much sauce to it.I think doubling the sauce and perhaps adding mushrooms would make it better."
"It has potential... I agree with Carol 39110 -- the thyme/tarragon flavor is VERY strong and there isn't much of a sauce. But it was good enough to warrant a second try."
"We did not care for the thyme/tarragon flavor. It needs more of a sauce."
"Wonderful and quick! Could eat it all myself."