Weeknight Catfish Wraps Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups coleslaw mix
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Creole or Cajun seasoning, divided
- 1/4 cup coleslaw salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons pancake mix
- 1/2 pound catfish fillets, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 4 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the coleslaw mix, onion, pepper and 1/4 teaspoon seasoning. Stir in dressing. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- 2. In a resealable plastic bag, combine the pancake mix and remaining seasoning. Add fish and toss to coat.
- 3. In a small nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook fish in oil until light golden brown on all sides and fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 4. Spoon coleslaw mixture onto tortillas; top with fish and roll up. Yield: 2 servings.
2 wraps (prepared with reduced-fat mayonnaise instead of coleslaw dressing) equals 469 calories, 23 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 1,207 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.