- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 5 large apples, peeled and sliced
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 350°. Stir together granulated sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon; toss with apples. In a greased microwave-safe 11x7-in. baking dish, microwave apples until slightly softened, about 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, using a fork, combine oats, brown sugar, flour and remaining cinnamon. Cut in butter until crumbly; sprinkle over apples. Bake until apples are soft and topping is golden brown, 30-40 minutes. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Weeknight Apple Crisp in Taste of Home November 2016, p30
Reviews for Weeknight Apple Crisp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 17, 2017
"I made this tonight & it turned out really good. The only change i made was that i added chopped pecans to the oatmeal mixture."