“My family really enjoys this breakfast casserole on weekends or holidays. It's so quick to prepare and very filling,” shares Melissa Ball of Pearisburg, Virginia. Great for those on a low-carb diet, too!
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Combine eggs and soup; pour over cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Weekend Breakfast Bake in Simple & Delicious May/June 2008, p52
Reviews for Weekend Breakfast Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review