- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 envelope spaghetti sauce mix
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (16 ounces) fat-free cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, water, tomato paste and spaghetti sauce mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg, cottage cheese and Parmesan cheese. Spread 2 cups meat sauce in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Layer with three noodles, half of the cottage cheese mixture and half of the remaining meat sauce. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 50 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Uncover; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 9 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Weekday Lasagna
Sort By :
Takes a couple of hours total, so not a quick weekday meal, but good regardless. Would make again and try with a whole-grain noodle....I wonder if it would get done without being pre-cooked.
I didn't have the spaghetti sauce mix,so I substituted 1 3/4 jar spaghetti sauce in place of the water. As another reviewer suggested, I added garlic to the meat sauce and Italian seasoning to the cottage cheese. Next time I will use turkey instead of ground beef.It was time consuming, but I made It on a Friday nite, so it didn't matter. Next time I will make the sauce the night before. It was very good. Hubby really liked it,and hecan be really picky!!
very good, very moist, yummy! everyone loves!
Still a lengthy time cook for a weekday meal, but it satisfied the boys. I prefer traditional lasagna myself.
My first time making lasagna and it turned out great! Seemed like a lot of sauce but it turned out well and had good flavor. Next time i might try canned spaghetti sauce just for ease and comparison. I didn't really like making the sauce, kind of a hassle.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Pasta >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Lasagna Recipes >
- Ground Beef Pasta Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >