Beef stew capped with flaky puff pastry adds comfort and joy to the weeknight menu. Make a salad and call your crowd to the table. —Daniel Anderson, Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
Featured In: Top 10 5-Ingredient Dinners
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated beef roast au jus
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen vegetables for stew
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/4 cups water
- Preheat oven to 400°. Unfold puff pastry. Using a 4-in. round cookie cutter, cut out four circles. Place 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Bake 14-16 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, shred beef with two forks; transfer to a large saucepan. Add tomatoes, vegetables and pepper; bring to a boil. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into beef mixture. Return to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Ladle stew into four bowls; top each with a pastry round. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Weekday Beef Stew in Taste of Home December 2015, p25
Reviews for Weekday Beef Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review