- 400° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire
- Meanwhile, prepare pudding according to package directions for pie
- filling; chill.
- Just before serving, cut off top third of swan bodies; set tops
- aside. Remove any soft dough inside. Spoon filling into bottoms of
- puffs. Top each with a small amount of jam if desired. Cut reserved
- tops in half lengthwise to form wings; set wings in filling. Place
- necks in filling. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 3 dozen.
Tip: Pudding makes these swans a last-minute dessert. If you want to refrigerate the cream puffs several hours before serving, consider filling with sweetened whipped cream instead.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.