Wedding Swan Cream Puffs Recipe
Grandpa's farm was the setting for our serviceman son's wedding to his German bride. The reception included special touches like these impressive elegant pastries. They look beautiful and taste marvelous.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam, optional
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, bring the water, butter and salt to a boil. Add flour all at once; stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat until smooth and shiny.
- 2. Cut a small hole in the corner of pastry bag or heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; insert round pastry tip #7. Fill bag with batter. On a greased baking sheet, pipe 3 dozen 2-in.-long "S" shapes for the swan necks, making a small dollop at the end of each for the head. Bake at 400° for 5-8 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 3. For swan bodies, drop remaining batter by 36 level tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. With a small icing knife or spatula, shape batter into 2-in. x 1-1/2-in. teardrops. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks.
- 4. Meanwhile, prepare pudding according to package directions for pie filling; chill.
- 5. Just before serving, cut off top third of swan bodies; set tops aside. Remove any soft dough inside. Spoon filling into bottoms of puffs. Top each with a small amount of jam if desired. Cut reserved tops in half lengthwise to form wings; set wings in filling. Place necks in filling. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Wedding Swan Cream Puffs
Reviewed Aug. 14, 2012
"awesome...out of this world....the presentation alone is worth 5 stars....the texture and flavor another10 stars"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC