Wearing O' Green Cake Recipe
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) lime gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Green sprinkles
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; stir in cold water and set aside.
- With a meat fork or wooden skewer, poke holes about 2 in. apart into cooled cake. Slowly pour gelatin over cake. Cover and refrigerate.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes (mixture will be thick). Fold in whipped topping. Spread over cake. Decorate with sprinkles. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Wearing O' Green Cake(28)
Sort By :
I'm a Green Bay Packer fan so I was thinking of making this cake and tinting the frosting green and adding gold sprinkles. Also you can add lemon jello if you don't like lime jello. Great treat for watching the Packer games!!!
I baked this and shared with my son and daughter in law. My daughter in law does not like lime but did like this cake very much.
This cake as excellent and perfect for St. Patricks. I am going to try it with different flavored jellos.
Not a real fan of this cake. I know I was supposed to use lime gelatin (St. Patrick's Day) but we don't care for it so I used rasberry. It tasted good. The frosting didn't seem to have much flavor. And my didn't look as good as the picture ;)
Thsi was an excellent cake! I made it one night on a whim and my entire family enjoyed it-so much so that every single one of them went back for seconds! Now everyone is asking me to make it again...Next time I'm going to change it up a little and maybe do some flavors/colors that will go well with Easter :)
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Budget Dessert Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >