Wearing O' Green Cake Recipe
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) lime gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Green sprinkles
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; stir in cold water and set aside.
- With a meat fork or wooden skewer, poke holes about 2 in. apart into cooled cake. Slowly pour gelatin over cake. Cover and refrigerate.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes (mixture will be thick). Fold in whipped topping. Spread over cake. Decorate with sprinkles. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Wearing O' Green Cake(31)
Sort By :
Can also be made in two 9 inch round pans. For the Fourth of July I make one layer with red jello and one layer with blue jello. Change it up for Christmas etc. I just frost with plain cool whip and use whatever sprinkles/ colored sugar is appropriate for the occasion .
This originally came out years ago as strawberry pop cake - which is delicious! Strawberry pop cake uses strawberry soda, which I see no mention of soda in this recipe - but I believe I will try to mix the 2 using my other recipe - will be great for st. patricks day. Also I've tried it in the pineapple variety - delicious!
My husband and I are diabetic and since one of the major brands came out with sugar-free cake mixes I'm always looking for recipes using those mixes to make our desserts. Poke cake [substituting sugar-free pudding, whipped topping, gelatin, etc. also] is one of our favorites. This is a keeper!
I'm a Green Bay Packer fan so I was thinking of making this cake and tinting the frosting green and adding gold sprinkles. Also you can add lemon jello if you don't like lime jello. Great treat for watching the Packer games!!!
I baked this and shared with my son and daughter in law. My daughter in law does not like lime but did like this cake very much.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Budget Dessert Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >