- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) lime gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Green sprinkles
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Cool on a wire rack 1 hour. In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; stir in cold water and set aside.
- With a meat fork or wooden skewer, poke holes about 2 in. apart into cooled cake. Slowly pour gelatin over cake. Cover and refrigerate.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix 2 minutes (mixture will be thick). Fold in whipped topping. Spread over cake. Decorate with sprinkles. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Wearing O' Green Cake
Sort By :
"I give it 5 stars i love this kind of cake"
"GARMB - Jell-O doesn't make a 3.4 oz. pkg of instant sugar free pudding, that is the size for the one with sugar which is heavier than the version with artificial sweetener. When you used BOTH the 1.5 oz. and the 1 oz. sugar free versions instead of the 3.4 oz. regular one, you needed to follow the packages instructions for BOTH of the sugar free puddings or just used one of them. I'm sure you had a hot mess. The directions for the sugar free and the regular versions are not interchangeable."
"I don't like jello poke cakes - too wet, but saw a recipe where they made a poke cake with pudding. I am going to try this recipe with pistachio pudding instead of jello."
"i made this for St. Paddy's day last year. The cake was a hit with my family but not as much with me. After a few hours in the fridge the cake set up rather hard and the texture became what I'd describe as 'gummy.' However, the frosting was out of this world! It's my go-to frosting recipe when I want something simple yet divine :)"
"This is my favorite cake! Super moist and light! ??"