- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) lime gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Green sprinkles
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Cool on a wire rack 1 hour. In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; stir in cold water and set aside.
- With a meat fork or wooden skewer, poke holes about 2 in. apart into cooled cake. Slowly pour gelatin over cake. Cover and refrigerate.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix 2 minutes (mixture will be thick). Fold in whipped topping. Spread over cake. Decorate with sprinkles. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Wearing o' Green Cake
"Great recipe! A hit with the family!"
"Made this cake for the grandkids, THEY LOVED IT!!! Will make again! Great recipe."
"Awesome but with some flavor changes! I used lemon cake mix and jolly rancher watermelon jello and then frosted with lemon pudding. Then to make it a little healthier I used egg beaters and fat free whip topping. Was a big hit with my whole family. Will definitely make again."
"This was easy and so delicious! It took longer to make than to eat it. I precut the cake before I frosted it and by the time I put it on the table and went for a plate for me it was just about gone! :-)"
"This was sop easy to make and delicious. I made it for St. Patrick's Day and then I made it again to bring to book club but I used strawberry gelatin and covered the top with sliced strawberries. Everyone loved the cake."