Watermelon Vodka Sorbet Recipe
This icy granita is a cooling delight on a hot summer day. This is an adults only goody. You can use watermelon vodka for plain vodka if you like.—Rebekah Beyer, Sabetha, Kansas
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 8 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vodka
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved; set aside to cool.
- 2. In batches, process the watermelon in a food processor for 2-3 minutes or until smooth. Transfer puree to a large bowl; stir in the lemon juice, vodka and sugar syrup. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Freeze for 1 hour or until edges begin to firm; stir. Freeze 2 hours longer or until firm.
- 3. Process watermelon mixture in batches for 2-3 minutes or until smooth. Serve immediately or transfer to freezer containers and freeze until serving. Yield: 5 cups.
1/2 cup equals 117 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC