Watermelon Vodka Sorbet
This icy granita is a cooling delight on a hot summer day. This is an adults only goody. You can use watermelon vodka for plain vodka if you like.Rebekah Beyer, Sabetha, Kansas
10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 8 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vodka
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil. Cook and stir
- until sugar is dissolved; set aside to cool.
- In batches, process the watermelon in a food processor for 2-3
- minutes or until smooth. Transfer puree to a large bowl; stir in the
- lemon juice, vodka and sugar syrup. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish.
- Freeze for 1 hour or until edges begin to firm; stir. Freeze 2 hours
- longer or until firm.
- Process watermelon mixture in batches for 2-3 minutes or until
- smooth. Serve immediately or transfer to freezer containers and
- freeze until serving. Yield: 5 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 117 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.