Watermelon Tomato Salad Recipe
Watermelon and tomatoes may seem an unlikely pair, but they team up to make a winning combination in this eye-catching salad dressed with parsley, basil and fresh-squeezed lime. Slice up leftover watermelon for summery snacks. --Matthew Denton, Seattle, Washington
- 10 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 2 pints yellow grape or pear tomatoes
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the watermelon, tomatoes and onion. In a small bowl, combine the parsley, basil and lime juice. Pour over watermelon mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 16-18 servings.
3/4 cup equals 33 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 fruit.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC