Watermelon and tomatoes may seem an unlikely pair, but they team up to make a winning combination in this eye-catching salad dressed with parsley, basil and fresh-squeezed lime. Slice up leftover watermelon for summery snacks. --Matthew Denton, Seattle, Washington
- 10 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 2 pints yellow grape or pear tomatoes
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- In a large bowl, combine the watermelon, tomatoes and onion. In a small bowl, combine the parsley, basil and lime juice. Pour over watermelon mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 16-18 servings.
Originally published as Watermelon Tomato Salad in Simple & Delicious July/August 2006, p37
Reviews for Watermelon Tomato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 18, 2012
"This was OK, but not great. Not much flavor."