Watermelon Sugar Cookies Recipe
I made these cookies for my daughter's kindergarten class, and they were an instant hit. The students loved these frosted treats and gobbled them up!—Diane Hunt, Camden, Indiana
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (12 ounces) whipped vanilla frosting
- Red and green food coloring
- Miniature chocolate chips
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture alternately with the sour cream, beating well after each addition. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- 2. On a heavily floured surface, roll out half of the dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a 3-in. round cookie cutter; cut circles in half. Repeat with remaining dough.
- 3. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 9-10 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned and cookies are set. Cool on wire racks.
- 4. Place two-thirds of the frosting in bowl; add red food coloring. Add green food coloring to the remaining frosting. Spread pink frosting on tops of cookies. Frost the edges with green frosting, using a pastry bag with a small star tip if desired. Place chocolate chips randomly over the pink frosting for seeds. Yield: about 8-1/2 dozen.
2 each: 122 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 103mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (10g sugars, trace fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Watermelon Sugar Cookies
Reviewed Aug. 15, 2012
"Delicious! Everybody loved them!"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC