Dark green spinach leaves provide a rich backdrop for brilliant raspberries, cubed watermelon and sliced almonds in this eye-appealing salad. The light vinaigrette is the perfect way to dress up summer's finest produce.
Recommended: 30 Salad Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
- POPPY SEED VINAIGRETTE:
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach, torn
- 2 cups seeded cubed watermelon
- 1 cup halved green grapes
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- In a blender, combine the vinegar, sugar, mustard, onion powder and salt. Cover and process until sugar is dissolved. Continue processing while adding oil in a steady stream. Add onion and poppy seeds; process until blended.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, watermelon, grapes and raspberries; sprinkle with almonds. Serve with vinaigrette. Yield: 8 servings (about 1 cup vinaigrette).
Originally published as Watermelon Spinach Salad in Quick Cooking July/August 2001, p9
Reviews for Watermelon Spinach Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 10, 2011
"This is the best vinaigrette dressing I have ever had! I just loved this salad. The watermelon made it so different."