Dark green spinach leaves provide a rich backdrop for brilliant raspberries, cubed watermelon and sliced almonds in this eye-appealing salad. The light vinaigrette is the perfect way to dress up summer's finest produce.
Recommended: 18 Extra-Refreshing Watermelon Recipes
- POPPY SEED VINAIGRETTE:
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach, torn
- 2 cups seeded cubed watermelon
- 1 cup halved green grapes
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- In a blender, combine the vinegar, sugar, mustard, onion powder and salt. Cover and process until sugar is dissolved. Continue processing while adding oil in a steady stream. Add onion and poppy seeds; process until blended.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, watermelon, grapes and raspberries; sprinkle with almonds. Serve with vinaigrette. Yield: 8 servings (about 1 cup vinaigrette).
Originally published as Watermelon Spinach Salad in Quick Cooking July/August 2001 , p9
Reviews for Watermelon Spinach Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review