After scooping out the watermelon for this pretty pink sorbet, I freeze the rind shell to use as a serving bowl for the scoops. We also put out bowls of chocolate chips and jimmies so our guests can sprinkle on their own "seeds".Heide Grable, Raleigh, North Carolina
10 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling Process 20 min./batch + freezing
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 8 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen pink lemonade concentrate, thawed
- In a large saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil. Cook and stir
- until sugar is dissolved. Cool slightly. In batches, process the
- sugar syrup and watermelon in a food processor. Transfer to a large
- bowl; stir in lemonade concentrate. Cover and refrigerate until
- Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according
- to manufacturer's directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until
- ready to freeze. Allow to ripen in ice cream freezer or firm up in
- the refrigerator freezer for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: about
- 2-1/2 quarts.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 248 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 6 mg sodium, 67 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.