No ice cream maker is needed to make this easy, 4-ingredient sorbet from Kory Figura of Waverly, Iowa. She does report one problem, however. "We couldn't keep enough watermelon in the house to keep up with the demand!"
6 ServingsPrep: 35 min. + freezing
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 8 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil. Cook and stir
- until sugar is dissolved; set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, process the watermelon in batches
- until pureed. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in the sugar syrup and
- lemon juice.
- Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish; cover and freeze for 8 hours or
- until firm. Just before serving, puree watermelon mixture in batches
- until smooth. Yield: 1-1/2 quarts.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 184 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.