This frosty treat makes a refreshing ending to a summer meal. Simply scoop the slushy mixture into bowls or tall glasses and tip with lemon-lime soda.
—Elizabeth Montgomery of Allston, Massachusetts
8 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + freezing
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 8 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups diet lemon-lime soda, chilled
- In a blender, cover and process the lime juice, watermelon, and
- sugar in batches until smooth. Pour into a freezer-proof container.
- Cover and freeze for 30 minutes or until edges begin to freeze.
- Stir and return to freezer. Repeat every 20 minutes or until slushy,
- about 90 minutes. Spoon 3/4 cup into bowls or glasses; add 1/4 cup
- soda. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 cup) equals 75 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 12 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit.