Watermelon Sherbet Smoothies
These fast-to-fix smoothies have become a summertime tradition for my sons. There's nothing quite as refreshing as these chilly drinks to beat the heat! —Jamie Cockerel, Kalamazoo, Michigan
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 1 cup watermelon, raspberry or lime sherbet
- 4 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a blender, combine the watermelon, ice, sherbet and lime juice;
- cover and process for 30 seconds or until smooth. Stir if necessary.
- Pour into chilled glasses; sprinkle with chocolate chips. Serve
- immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 93 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 21 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fruit.