Watermelon Salsa Recipe
- 4 cups seeded chopped watermelon
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 4 cups.
One serving (1/2 cup) equals 26 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 39 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fruit.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.