- 24 wonton wrappers, halved diagonally
- Cooking spray
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped seedless watermelon
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 400°. Arrange wontons in a single layer on two greased baking sheets; spritz with cooking spray. Bake 4-6 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on wire racks.
- In a small bowl, combine avocado, watermelon, beans, corn and cilantro. In another bowl, whisk vinegar, oil, lime peel, salt and pepper until blended. Drizzle over avocado mixture; toss lightly to coat. Top with raspberries. Serve with wonton chips. Yield: 2-1/2 cups (48 wonton chips).
Originally published as Watermelon Salsa with Wonton Chips in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2015, p211
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Watermelon Salsa with Wonton Chips
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review