Watermelon Mint Gazpacho Recipe
Nothing cools off the dog days of summer like a bowl of this refreshing watermelon chilled soup. It's subtle sweetness, touch of mint and pretty pink color make it especially appealing.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling YIELD:9 servings
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 12 cups seeded chopped watermelon
- 2 cups chopped honeydew
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine sugar and water. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature.
- 2. Working in batches if necessary, place the sugar mixture, watermelon, honeydew, mint, lime juice and salt in a food processor. Cover and process until smooth. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 3. Combine sour cream and sugar. Garnish each serving with topping. Yield: 9 servings (2-1/4 quarts).
1 cup gazpacho with 2-1/2 teaspoons topping equals 163 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 276 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC