Watermelon Herb Salsa
A burst of fresh flavor comes your way in this unique summer salsa sparked with cilantro, basil and mint. It's delicious served over chicken. —Ann Chan, Augusta, Georgia. Romance to serve this over chicken.
34 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 cups diced seedless watermelon
- 1 cup diced green pepper
- 1 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup sliced fresh carrots
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and cut into rings
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped unsalted peanuts
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Cover and
- refrigerate until serving. Just before serving, sprinkle with
- peanuts. Yield: about 8-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup equals 22 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: Free food.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a sweet red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Fizz 56 Brachetto Italy N/V, sparkling and sweet with hints of raspberry