Watermelon Herb Salsa Recipe
- 4 cups diced seedless watermelon
- 1 cup diced green pepper
- 1 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup sliced fresh carrots
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and cut into rings
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped unsalted peanuts
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Just before serving, sprinkle with peanuts. Yield: about 8-1/2 cups.
1/4 cup equals 22 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: Free food.
Reviews for Watermelon Herb Salsa
"This is a great twist on a fruit salsa. Love the freshness of it. It is prefect for warm summer days."
"Delicious and fresh-tasting for a hot summer day."
"This recipe is simple to make and tastes GREAT! A new twist on salsa, just in time for Labor Day picnics. Thanks for the recipe!"
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.