A burst of fresh flavor comes your way in this unique summer salsa sparked with cilantro, basil and mint. It's delicious served over chicken. —Ann Chan, Augusta, Georgia. Romance to serve this over chicken.
- 4 cups diced seedless watermelon
- 1 cup diced green pepper
- 1 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup sliced fresh carrots
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and cut into rings
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped unsalted peanuts
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Just before serving, sprinkle with peanuts. Yield: about 8-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Watermelon Salsa in Taste of Home August/September 2005, p 37
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Watermelon Herb Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review