Watermelon Gelatin Cups
Let these delightful watermelon wannabes add a bit of fun to your next picnic spread. Limes are halved and hollowed to hold pretty pink gelatin while mini chocolate chips serve as seeds in the cute cups.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (3 ounces) watermelon gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 4 large limes
- 1/4 cup miniature chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cold
- water. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until slightly thickened.
- Meanwhile, slice limes in half lengthwise. With a small scissors or
- sharp knife, cut the membrane at each end to loosen pulp from shell.
- Using fingertips, pull membrane and pulp away from shell (discard
- pulp or save for another use).
- Fold chocolate chips into gelatin; spoon into lime shells.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or until completely set. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 75 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 25 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.