Watermelon Gelatin Cups Recipe
Let these delightful watermelon wannabes add a bit of fun to your next picnic spread. Limes are halved and hollowed to hold pretty pink gelatin while mini chocolate chips serve as seeds in the cute cups.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling YIELD:8 servings
- 1 package (3 ounces) watermelon gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 4 large limes
- 1/4 cup miniature chocolate chips
- 1. In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cold water. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until slightly thickened.
- 2. Meanwhile, slice limes in half lengthwise. With a small scissors or sharp knife, cut the membrane at each end to loosen pulp from shell. Using fingertips, pull membrane and pulp away from shell (discard pulp or save for another use).
- 3. Fold chocolate chips into gelatin; spoon into lime shells. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until completely set. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 75 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 25 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC