Watermelon Gelatin Cups Recipe
Let these delightful watermelon wannabes add a bit of fun to your next picnic spread. Limes are halved and hollowed to hold pretty pink gelatin while mini chocolate chips serve as seeds in the cute cups.
- 1 package (3 ounces) watermelon gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 4 large limes
- 1/4 cup miniature chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cold water. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until slightly thickened.
- Meanwhile, slice limes in half lengthwise. With a small scissors or sharp knife, cut the membrane at each end to loosen pulp from shell. Using fingertips, pull membrane and pulp away from shell (discard pulp or save for another use).
- Fold chocolate chips into gelatin; spoon into lime shells. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until completely set. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Watermelon Gelatin Cups in Quick Cooking July/August 2001, p9
Reviews for Watermelon Gelatin Cups(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review