“This is a delightfully simple, elegant dish. Serve as a side or with pita and hummus for a meal. It’s so refreshing-guests will love it!” Nicole Deelah - Nashville, Tennessee
Featured In: 25 Cucumber Recipes to Make This Summer
- 4 cups cubed watermelon, seeded, divided
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lime peel
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- Puree 3 cups watermelon in a blender. Cut remaining watermelon into 1/2-inch pieces; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the watermelon puree, lime juice, lime peel, ginger and salt. Stir in the tomato, cucumber, green pepper, cilantro, onion, jalapeno and cubed watermelon. Chill until serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Watermelon Gazpacho in Simple & Delicious July/August 2009, p57
Reviews for Watermelon Gazpacho
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 6, 2016
"Wonderfully refreshing...did bulk it up a bit and pureed all ingredients. A keeper!"
Reviewed Aug. 23, 2010