Watermelon Gazpacho Recipe
- 4 cups cubed watermelon, seeded, divided
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lime peel
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1. Puree 3 cups watermelon in a blender. Cut remaining watermelon into 1/2-inch pieces; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the watermelon puree, lime juice, lime peel, ginger and salt. Stir in the tomato, cucumber, green pepper, cilantro, onion, jalapeno and cubed watermelon. Chill until serving. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup equals 58 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 599 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fruit.
Reviews for Watermelon Gazpacho
"This chilled soup not only makes a grand presentation, the unusual medly of flavors and texture combinations harmonize beautifully. Skeptical guests ooh'd and aah'd and everyone loved the added punch of jalapeno. I served it as an appetizer and it stole the show! A must try. malverna bosh"