Watermelon Cups Recipe
This lovely appetizer is almost too pretty to eat! Sweet watermelon cubes hold a refreshing topping that showcases cucumber, red onion and fresh herbs. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:16 servings
- 16 seedless watermelon cubes (1 inch)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped cucumber
- 5 teaspoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1. Using a small melon baller or measuring spoon, scoop out the center of each watermelon cube, leaving a 1/4-in. shell (save pulp for another use).
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; spoon into watermelon cubes. Yield: 16 appetizers.
1 appetizer equals 7 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: Free food.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC