Watermelon Cranberry Sherbet
Nothing beats a juicy watermelon in warm summer weather-unless it's this frosty sherbet. A dash of cranberry juice adds a lip-smacking tang to every spoonful. —Jeannie Klugh, Lancaster, PA
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/3 cup cranberry juice, chilled
- 4 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cranberry juice; let stand
- for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is
- completely dissolved.
- Place watermelon in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Add
- sugar and gelatin mixture; process until blended. Pour into an 8-in.
- square dish. Freeze for 1 hour or until edges begin to firm. Stir
- and return to freezer. Freeze 2 hours longer or until firm.
- Just before serving, transfer to a food processor; cover and process
- for 2-3 minutes or until smooth. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 152 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 9 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.