Watermelon Cranberry Sherbet Recipe
Nothing beats a juicy watermelon in warm summer weather-unless it's this frosty sherbet. A dash of cranberry juice adds a lip-smacking tang to every spoonful. —Jeannie Klugh, Lancaster, PA
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/3 cup cranberry juice, chilled
- 4 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1. In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cranberry juice; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- 2. Place watermelon in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Add sugar and gelatin mixture; process until blended. Pour into an 8-in. square dish. Freeze for 1 hour or until edges begin to firm. Stir and return to freezer. Freeze 2 hours longer or until firm.
- 3. Just before serving, transfer to a food processor; cover and process for 2-3 minutes or until smooth. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup equals 152 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 9 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC