Says Mary Ann Dell of Phoenixville, Pennsylvania: “I can’t count the times I’ve made this wonderful dessert. It’s a favorite at our summer barbecues. People think you really fussed, but it couldn’t be easier—and there are never any leftovers!”
- 1 pint pistachio ice cream, softened
- 6 drops green food coloring
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 pint strawberry ice cream, softened
- 6 drops red food coloring
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Line a 2-qt. freezer-safe bowl with plastic wrap. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes. In a small bowl, combine pistachio ice cream and green food coloring. Quickly spread pistachio ice cream over the bottom and up the sides to within 1/2 in. of the top of bowl. Freeze for 1 hour or until firm. Repeat with vanilla ice cream. Freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
- In a small bowl, combine strawberry ice cream and red food coloring; stir in chocolate chips. Spoon into ice cream shell. Cover and freeze overnight.
- Remove from the freezer and invert onto a serving plate. Remove bowl and plastic wrap. Cut into wedges. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Watermelon Bombe in Simple & Delicious July/August 2008, p37
Reviews for Watermelon Bombe
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review