- 2-1/2-in. star cookie cutter against inside edge of melon, allowing
- only half of star to cut through rind (see diagram below). Use a
- mallet if necessary to help push cookie cutter through melon.
- Insert a toothpick into flat edge of removed piece. Attach piece
- onto melon edge where last cut ends. Repeat cutting and attaching
- pieces until entire melon edge is completed.
- In a large bowl, combine honeydew, cantaloupe, strawberries, grapes
- and watermelon; spoon into boat. Serve with dressing. Yield: 32-36
- servings (about 2 cups dressing).
Editor's Note: Any star or petal cutter with an even number of points may be used. Or serve this salad in an 8-qt. serving bowl.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 303 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 36 mg sodium, 57 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein.