Watermelon Berry Sorbet
Strawberries, watermelon and three other items are all you need for this freezer treat that's virtually free of fat. A friend gave me the recipe, promising it was the ultimate in refreshing, summer desserts. I couldn't agree more. —Jill Swavely, Green Lane, Pennsylvania
6 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + freezing
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- In a small heavy saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil. Cook and
- stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- Place the watermelon and strawberries in a blender; add sugar syrup.
- Cover and process 2-3 minutes or until smooth. Strain and discard
- seeds and pulp. Transfer puree to a 13x9-in. dish. Freeze 1 hour or
- until edges begin to firm. Stir in mint. Freeze 2 hours longer or
- until firm.
- Just before serving, transfer to a blender; cover and process 2-3
- minutes or until smooth. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 95 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fruit.