Watermelon Berry Sorbet Recipe
Strawberries, watermelon and three other items are all you need for this freezer treat that's virtually free of fat. A friend gave me the recipe, promising it was the ultimate in refreshing, summer desserts. I couldn't agree more. —Jill Swavely, Green Lane, Pennsylvania
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 1. In a small heavy saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- 2. Place the watermelon and strawberries in a blender; add sugar syrup. Cover and process 2-3 minutes or until smooth. Strain and discard seeds and pulp. Transfer puree to a 13x9-in. dish. Freeze 1 hour or until edges begin to firm. Stir in mint. Freeze 2 hours longer or until firm.
- 3. Just before serving, transfer to a blender; cover and process 2-3 minutes or until smooth. Yield: 6 servings.
1/2 cup: 95 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Watermelon Berry Sorbet
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC