Watermelon Baby Carriage Recipe
- 1 medium watermelon
- 5 toothpicks
- 4 orange slices
- 4 lime slices
- 2 cups seedless red grapes, divided
- 1 medium cantaloupe, cut into balls or
- 2 cups seedless green grapes
- 2 cups halved fresh strawberries
- Poppy seed salad dressing
- With a sharp knife, cut a thin slice from bottom of melon it sits flat. Lightly score a horizontal line halfway up sides and around the melon, leaving 5 in. from one end unmarked on each side for baby carriage hood.
- For hood, make another line around top of watermelon, connecting both sides of the horizontal line. Using the rounded edge of a biscuit cutter as a guide, mark a scalloped edge along all straight lines. With a long sharp knife, cut into melon along the scalloped lines, making sure to cut all the way through the melon rind. Gently pull off rind. Remove fruit from melon and removed section; cut fruit into balls or cubes and set aside.
- For the U-shaped handle, cut out a 5-in. square from the removed section of rind. Cut out the center and one end, leaving a 1-in.-wide handle. Break one toothpick in half. Attach handle to watermelon with toothpick halves.
- For wheels, position orange slices at base of watermelon and attach with toothpicks. To each orange slice with a lime slice and a red grape.
- In a large bowl, combine the cantaloupe, green grapes, strawberries, remaining red grapes and reserved watermelon. Spoon into baby carriage. Serve with poppy seed salad dressing. Yield: 20-24 servings.
Reviews for Watermelon Baby Carriage(4)
Sort By :
I made this for a baby shower and it was perfect !
Turned out beautifully
This was easy to make and the hit of all the babyshower food.
I made this for my sister-in-law's baby shower. It was a HUGE hit.
A little tricky to get the melon out of the shell, but worth the effort.