Watermelon and Tomato Salad Recipe
“You cannot beat this light and refreshing salad on hot summer days!” says Bev Jones in Brunswick, Missouri. “The combination of watermelon, cilantro, lime and tasty heirloom tomatoes is just unusual enough to keep folks commenting on the great flavor—and coming back for more!"
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 40 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 medium mango, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 8 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 1-1/2 pounds yellow tomatoes, coarsely chopped (about 5 medium)
- 1-1/2 pounds red tomatoes, coarsely chopped (about 5 medium)
- 2 sweet onions, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 2/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1. For dressing, place the first eight ingredients in a blender; cover and process until pureed.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the watermelon, tomatoes, onions and cilantro. Just before serving, add dressing and toss to coat. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 12 servings.
1 cup equals 102 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 181 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC