Watermelon Ambrosia Recipe
Colorful watermelon, pineapple, fruit cocktail, maraschino cherries and more are combined in this eye-catching fruit salad that's sure to take center stage at your next summer buffet! The recipe comes from Sandy Leversee of Apache Junction, Arizona.
- 1 medium watermelon
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) reduced-sugar fruit cocktail, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, well drained
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup diet lemon-lime soda, chilled
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- Cut watermelon into basket (see box below). Remove fruit from both sections of the top. Remove fruit from basket with a melon baller. Set aside 3 cups of melon balls (save remaining melon for another use).
- In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, fruit cocktail, oranges, cherries, marshmallows and reserved watermelon balls. Add soda; gently toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until chilled. Just before serving, stir in coconut. Spoon into watermelon basket. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Watermelon Ambrosia in Light & Tasty June/July 2003, p8
Reviews for Watermelon Ambrosia(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Cherry Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Fruit Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Salad Recipes >