Watercress with Fennel & Berries Recipe
- 4 cups watercress
- 1 cup thinly sliced fennel bulb
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup chopped fennel fronds
- 1/4 cup pistachios, toasted
- 1/3 cup refrigerated spinach salad dressing with bacon
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon teriyaki sauce
- 1. In a salad bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup equals 78 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 176 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.