Watercress & Orange Salad Recipe
Keep this recipe handy when you need to make a special salad quickly. The flavorful vinaigrette adds a refreshing touch to the greens and oranges.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 3 bunches watercress, trimmed (about 10 cups)
- 4 medium oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine watercress and oranges. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 12 servings.
3/4 cup equals 58 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 37 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC