Water Chestnut Pea Salad
A local restaurant serves a pea salad that everyone raves over, so I came up with a similar version my family likes even better. My husband requests the well-dressed crunchy combination often during the summer. At 70¢ a serving, it doesn't cost a lot to make this chilled vegetable side dish.
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup prepared ranch salad dressing
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook carrots in a small amount of water until crisp-tender; drain and
- rinse in cold water. Place in a serving bowl; add the peas, water
- chestnuts, onions and cheese. In a small bowl, combine the salad
- dressing, bacon and pepper; mix well. Pour over salad and toss to
- coat. Chill until serving. Yield: 6 servings.