Water Chestnut Cheese Bites
Water chestnuts and olives make these baked cheese snacks deliciously different. They're best served fresh from the oven.
Rebecca Banks, White, Georgia
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
- In a small bowl, beat cheese and butter on low speed until blended.
- Add the flour, olives and cayenne; mix well. Beat in the egg and
- water chestnuts until combined.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for
- 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 2-1/2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 112 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 177 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.