Water Chestnut Cheese Bites Recipe
Water chestnuts and olives make these baked cheese snacks deliciously different. They're best served fresh from the oven. Rebecca Banks, White, Georgia
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
- In a small bowl, beat cheese and butter on low speed until blended. Add the flour, olives and cayenne; mix well. Beat in the egg and water chestnuts until combined.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Water Chestnut Cheese Bites in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p38
Reviews for Water Chestnut Cheese Bites(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review