Wassail Bowl Punch Recipe
- 4 cups hot brewed tea
- 4 cups cranberry juice
- 4 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 12 whole cloves
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first six ingredients. Place the cinnamon sticks and cloves on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with string to form a bag. Add to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 hour or until punch begins to boil. Discard spice bag. Serve warm. Yield: 3-1/2 quarts.
Reviews for Wassail Bowl Punch(5)
Sort By :
I make this from hunting season through the last snow storm in the Blue Ridge Mts of VA.I omit the tea and use diet or light cranberry, apple, and two packets of sugar free cherry cool aid, with several drops of cinnamon oil. I keep my large crock pot going from breakfast until bed time. It's caffine free and can be added to as the pot gets lower. With all the juice it is great for sore throats, colds, and the winter chill. You gotta try it! (No sugar needed)
Delicious and simple. I use echinacea tea for the base and closer to 5 cups of it.
This was a big hit with young and old on Thansgiving. Had a bottle of ginger brandy ready for the adults to add and the youngsters loved it minus the brandy. The only thing I would do differently is cut back a bit on the lemon juices.
Is there a server/punch bowl out there that keeps it warm?
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Beverages >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Cranberry Juice Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Hot Beverages >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Mother's Day Brunch Recipes >
- Mother's Day Recipes >
- New Year's Recipes >