These cookies were the treat we would enjoy when we traveled on family shopping trips to Ft. Worth many years ago. My sister, Carrie, always made them and put them in a foil-covered shoe box. By the time we got to Ft. Worth, they were all gone! Now my daughter makes these cookies for me, and at the age of 90, I still think they are the greatest treat.
21 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- In a small bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg, water and vanilla. Combine flour and baking soda;
- add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Place on greased baking sheets; flatten with
- a fork that has been dipped in water. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 325° for 15-20 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
- Cool on wire racks. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 120 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 81 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.