Wasabi-Salmon Waldorf Salad
Looking to give a twist to typical Waldorf salad, I created this recipe featuring salmon, bacon and wasabi horseradish mayonnaise. It makes a hearty lunch salad.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 salmon fillet (4 ounces)
- 2 large red apples, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup wasabi mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 lettuce leaves, optional
- In a small skillet, bring 1 in. of water to a boil. Add salmon.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until fish flakes
- easily with a fork. Remove with a slotted spoon. Cool slightly;
- flake salmon.
- In a large bowl, combine the salmon, apples, cashews, celery and
- bacon. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, honey and pepper.
- Pour over salad and toss gently. Serve on lettuce leaves if desired.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 458 calories, 36 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 361 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 10 g protein.