Wasabi-Salmon Waldorf Salad Recipe
Looking to give a twist to typical Waldorf salad, I created this recipe featuring salmon, bacon and wasabi horseradish mayonnaise. It makes a hearty lunch salad.
- 1 salmon fillet (4 ounces)
- 2 large red apples, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup wasabi mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 lettuce leaves, optional
- In a small skillet, bring 1 in. of water to a boil. Add salmon. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove with a slotted spoon. Cool slightly; flake salmon.
- In a large bowl, combine the salmon, apples, cashews, celery and bacon. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, honey and pepper. Pour over salad and toss gently. Serve on lettuce leaves if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Wasabi-Salmon Waldorf Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p228
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Wasabi-Salmon Waldorf Salad(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bacon Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cashew Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Fruit Salad Recipes >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Quick Salmon Dinner Recipes >
- Salads >
- Salmon Fillet Recipes >
- Salmon Recipes >