Wasabi Beef Fajitas Recipe
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared wasabi
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 1 pound uncooked beef stir-fry strips
- 12 green onions with tops, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 large sweet red pepper, julienned
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 cup coleslaw mix
- 1. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch, soy sauce, wasabi, ginger and garlic until blended. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add beef; stir-fry 4-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from pan.
- 2. Stir-fry green onions and red pepper in remaining oil 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 3. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Return beef to pan; heat through. Serve with tortillas and coleslaw mix. Yield: 8 servings.
1 fajita equals 273 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 533 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 18 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat.
Reviews for Wasabi Beef Fajitas
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.