Wasabi Beef Fajitas Recipe
- 1 large sweet red pepper, julienned
- 12 green onions with tops, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 1 pound uncooked beef stir-fry strips
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared wasabi
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 cup coleslaw mix
- In a large skillet, stir-fry red pepper and onions in 1 tablespoon oil for 3 minutes or until tender; remove and set aside. In the same skillet, stir-fry beef in remaining oil for 5 minutes or until no longer pink.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, soy sauce, wasabi, ginger and garlic until blended; pour over beef. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return red pepper mixture to the pan; heat through.
- Spoon 1/2 cup beef mixture down the center of each tortilla; top with 2 tablespoons coleslaw mix. Fold one side of tortilla over filling and roll up. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Wasabi Beef Fajitas(1)
Sort By :
These are very tasty fajitas! I didn't use the whole 3 tablespoons of soy sauce, mainly because soy sauce is really high in sodium, even the reduced sodium... so I did 2 tablespoons of soy sauce and about 1 of Hoisin sauce. And a sprinkled chili powder on both the veggies and the beef. Oh, and I just used some sour cream and cheese instead of a coleslaw mix.
The flavors of the spices in this are really well balanced and taste wonderful with the onion and peppers! Definitely making this again!
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >