- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared wasabi
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 1 pound uncooked beef stir-fry strips
- 12 green onions with tops, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 large sweet red pepper, julienned
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 cup coleslaw mix
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch, soy sauce, wasabi, ginger and garlic until blended. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add beef; stir-fry 4-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from pan.
- Stir-fry green onions and red pepper in remaining oil 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Return beef to pan; heat through. Serve with tortillas and coleslaw mix. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forWasabi Beef Fajitas
"These are very tasty fajitas! I didn't use the whole 3 tablespoons of soy sauce, mainly because soy sauce is really high in sodium, even the reduced sodium... so I did 2 tablespoons of soy sauce and about 1 of Hoisin sauce. And a sprinkled chili powder on both the veggies and the beef. Oh, and I just used some sour cream and cheese instead of a coleslaw mix.The flavors of the spices in this are really well balanced and taste wonderful with the onion and peppers! Definitely making this again!"