Wasabi Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp
If you have a shrimp-loving crowd, you must serve this appetizer! When weather permits, I cook the shrimp out on the grill.Angela Buchanan, Longmont, Colorado
12 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 6 bacon strips
- 12 uncooked large shrimp
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon wasabi mustard
- 1/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 green onion, chopped
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially
- cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails on. Combine mayonnaise and
- mustard; brush over shrimp on both sides. Cut each bacon strip in
- half widthwise. Wrap a piece of bacon around each shrimp. Secure
- with toothpicks. Place in a foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in.
- baking pan.
- Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until bacon is crisp and shrimp
- turns pink.
- In a small bowl, combine the orange juice concentrate, soy sauce and
- onion; serve with shrimp. Yield: 1 dozen (1/2 cup sauce).
Nutritional Facts: 1 shrimp with 2 teaspoons sauce equals 62 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 361 mg sodium,