- 1 pound bulk mild pork sausage
- 1/4 pound bulk spicy pork sausage
- 12 eggs
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Green and sweet red pepper strips, optional
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook sausage until no longer pink; drain. In a large bowl, beat eggs, cheeses, flour, butter and baking powder. Stir in mushrooms, onion, chilies and sausage.
- Transfer to two greased 9-in. round baking dishes (dishes will be full). Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired. Bake at 375° for 33-38 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Garnish with pepper strips if desired. Yield: 2 quiches (6-8 servings each).
Reviews for Warm-You-Up Sausage Quiche
"This is one of my favorite recipes. I make as directed, but for the 2nd quiche, I add spinach. I also use the refrigerated roll-out pie crust."
"Made as written. Needed an additional 10 minutes in the oven."
"Delicious!!! Have made this numerous times. I leave out the veggies because my family does not care for them and bake in a 9x13 pan for about 45 min or till knife comes out clean. Many compliments on this one and someone always asks for the recipe."
"I have been making this quiche since Taste of Home first published it many years ago. It is our family's favorite and now my children's families make it for special occasions. You can make it up the night before and pop it in the over in the morning. Everyone loves it. If you don't want it spicy you can always replace the spicy sausage with mild. But we love the spicy. Great recipe"
"This is my go-to egg dish."